K+K Palais Hotel in Vienna
July & August
THE DANUBE CANAL - You can enjoy long summer nights there at one of many open air bars and restaurants.
SUMMER IN THE MQ - Vienna's museum quarter - one of the world's largest cultural areas will present itself as an urban oasis of joie de vivre. Its spacious courtyards are a popular summer hang-out with a huge program for visitors, trendy bars and restaurants.
THE FILMFESTIVAL - In summertime the City Hall Square turns into ‚the place to be‘. Enjoy music films and international cuisine at the Music Film Festival - perfect for summer evenings!
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A quick tour of the local argot for coffee enthusiasts visiting Vienna:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Grosser Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Grosser Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.