K+K Palais Hotel in Vienna
THE 60TH EUROVISION SONGCONTEST – This year the Song Contest, motto: „Building Bridges“, will take place in the Vienna Stadthalle. The grand final with Conchita Wurst will be held on Saturday, 23rd of May 2015.
WIENER FESTWOCHEN - From 14th May to 21st of June the Wiener Festwochen will present a multi-facetedand varied programme of operas, music and plays.
LIFE BALL 2015 - The Life Ball is one of the most important charity events of the year. The highlight is the fashion show. This year the motto is “Gold-Ver sacrum” to draw attention to the medical and social consequences of HIV/AIDS.
GENUSSFESTIVAL IN THE STADTPARK - From 8th to 10th May the best Austrian food producers and small manufactories invite you to sample and savour in one of the city’s prettiest parks. In addition top Austrian chefs will serve you regional specialities in the new gourmet tent.
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A quick tour of the local argot for coffee enthusiasts visiting Vienna:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Grosser Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Grosser Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.