K+K Palais Hotel in Vienna
Opera Ball - Once a year, the Vienna State Opera is transformed into the most festive and most famous ballroom in the world – the Vienna Opera Ball. This unique festival is always the undisputed pinnacle of the ball season in Vienna.
Ball season - The ball season in the city of waltzes has already started. The most important balls are the Hunters Ball, The Vienna Philharmonic Ball, The Coffee-house Owners Ball, the Bonbon Ball and of course, The Opera Ball.
Ice skating on the Rathausplatz - In January the square in front of the Vienna City Council Hall will be transformed into an icy haven for all skating enthusiasts.
We will Rock You - Finally the waiting is over! After seven years, this musical is coming to town again to bring back the spirit of Queen with all their greatest hits.
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A quick tour of the local argot for coffee enthusiasts visiting Vienna:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Grosser Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Grosser Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.