K+K Palais Hotel in Vienna
The Easter Markets - The Baroque surroundings of the Schönbrunn Palace provide the ideal setting for the main Easter Market in Vienna, where seasonal customs, regional culinary tibits and typical traditions combined in a colourful array. There is also a traditional Easter Market on the Freyung where you can enjoy delicious Easter specialities and concerts with an Easter handicraft workshop that will keep the children entertained.
Ice skating on the Rathausplatz – Until 8th of March the square in front of the Vienna City Council Hall will be transformed into an icy haven for all skating enthusiasts.
Vienna is celebrationg 150 Years of Ringstraße – many museum are offering exhibitions focusing the history oft he very popular and beautiful boulevard, just like in the Secession.
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A quick tour of the local argot for coffee enthusiasts visiting Vienna:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Grosser Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Grosser Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.