K+K Palais Hotel in Vienna
DIRTY DANCING - The Musical takes place in Vienna! Watch Baby and Johnny fall in love again at the „Wiener Stadthalle“.
LANGE NACHT DER MUSEEN - The " Lange Nacht der Museen" is held on the 4th of October with over 100 museums opening up their art and permanent collections from 6.00 pm in the evening until 1.00 am in the morning.
MAMMA MIA - As an ABBA Fan you may not miss this event! The Musical „Mamma Mia“ with all the greatest hits, just like „Dancing Queen“, is coming to town in October.
VIENNAFAIR - The „Viennafair“ is the most important and biggest art exhibition. Lovers of contemporary art from Central-, East- and Southeurope are visiting „Messe Wien“ from 2nd to 5th of October.
WIENER WIESN - Until the 12th of october the „Wiener Wiesn Festival“ takes place at Wiener Prater. Austrian beer, local food, all sorts of music and traditional outfits ensure a great atmosphere.
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A quick tour of the local argot for coffee enthusiasts visiting Vienna:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Grosser Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Grosser Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.