K+K Hotel Elisabeta in Bucharest
- From July 8th to August 17th 2015, The Romanian Athenaeum hosts the fourth edition of the International Festival "Magic Summer". A series of classical music concerts will once again enchant the audiences, performed on a weekly basis by Romanian youth orchestras, with the special participation of German and Austrian orchestras. This year’s special guests include: Alexandru Tomescu, Eugen Tichindelean, Mihaela Martin, Istvan Vardai, Elena Bashkirova Barenboim, Valentin Gheorghiu, Roxana Gheorghiu, Simina Croitoru, Stefan Cazacu and many more. The inauguration concert will be a tribute to Mozart and will be performed by one of Romania’s best artists at the moment, Alexandru Tomescu.
- This summer, for the first time in Bucharest, Romania, do not miss a truly surprising and unique concert by the first woman who has embraced the bass guitar, Suzi Quatro. The concert will take place at the Palace Hall on July 10th, 2015. Susan Kay "Suzi" Quatro is an American born, British-based singer-songwriter, bass guitar player, and actor. She was the first female bass player to become a major rock star breaking a barrier to women's participation in rock music. After a slow start in the family’s band, where she mastered the bass guitar, Suzi launched her debut album, propelling herself into the hall of fame of rock music. Hits such as “Can the can”, “48 Crash”, “Too Big”, “Devil Gate Drive”, “Daytona Demon”, “The Wild One”, “She’s in Love With You”, “Mama’s Boy”, “If you Can’t Give Me Love”, “Rock Hard” and “Stumblin’ In” have ensured the artist a spot in the rock history.
- Between July 13th and 19th tennis fans will have the opportunity to see the confrontation of stars in the BRD Bucharest Open 2015. The tournament is the largest Bucharest Open women's tennis tournament in Romania, with prizes worth $ 250,000. Now in its second edition, the competition brings together on the fields of slag of the BNR Arenas in Bucharest 32 of the most valuable players of the moment, all of them in the top 100 WTA, including some players of the Fed Cup team of Romania. In the breaks between matches, participants can enjoy various entertainment spaces, cafes and snack bars or sports equipment stores. A lucky few will have the chance to meet the players, participate in autograph sessions and special events.
- A premiere in Romania, a show like no other, performed live by one of the best-known and appreciated British artist – none other than Robbie Williams! Expected to be the best concert of 2015, the event will take place on 17th of July in the magnificent location of the Constitution Square and promises to be an explosive show of art and music, the artist's characteristic style. ‘Let Me Entertain You’ Tour 2015 is the 11th tour of the artist's career, an unforgettable journey through the vast discography of Robbie Williams, containing the most popular hits of his: “Let Me Entertain You” (song that gives the name of tournament) “Feel”, “Angels” and many more. “If anybody this year stages a more fun, up-for-it pop gig than Robbie Williams, I would love to see it” – The Guardian 4*
- When staying in Bucharest do not miss to visit the art galleries in the Old City Center
- Taste and purchase Romanian wine from wineries in Transylvania, Moldavia and the Black Sea coast.
More Useful Links