K+K Hotel Elisabeta in Bucharest
- From July 8th to August 17th 2015, The Romanian Athenaeum hosts the fourth edition of the International Festival "Magic Summer". A series of classical music concerts will once again enchant the audiences, performed on a weekly basis by Romanian youth orchestras, with the special participation of German and Austrian orchestras. This year’s special guests include: Alexandru Tomescu, Eugen Tichindelean, Mihaela Martin, Istvan Vardai, Elena Bashkirova Barenboim, Valentin Gheorghiu, Roxana Gheorghiu, Simina Croitoru, Stefan Cazacu and many more. The inauguration concert will be a tribute to Mozart and will be performed by one of Romania’s best artists at the moment, Alexandru Tomescu.
- For handball enthusiasts and not only, this summer brings a special event to Bucharest: Bucharest Trophy 2015. This is the second edition of Bucharest Trophy tournament, hosted by the Multipurpose (Polyvalent) Hall between 20 and 23 August 2015. Bucharest Trophy will be held as a friendly international competition for handball clubs. ZRK Buducnost, winner of the 2015 EHF Champions League will participate in the tournament together with organizing team, CSM Bucharest, current title holder, and four other teams.
- The first edition of the intercultural Baro Foro Festival takes place Saturday, August 29th at the Roman Arenas. The event has as special guest the famous artist Goran Bregovic and his Wedding and Funeral Orchestra. Also attending are Mahala Rai Banda and Gipsy Casual, completing the intercultural stage. Goran Bregovic is one of the most famous and beloved Balkan artists. With a career spanning over 45 years, his music has conquered all listeners around the globe. Intercultural Festival "Baro Foro aims to bring to the Romanian public performances with artists from different parts of Europe to prove that music does not put barriers but rather demolishes them.
- Supercontructorii LEGO is a next-generation interactive exhibition and the first of its kind in Romania. The exhibition is open in Afi Palace Cotroceni until the 31st of August. Activate your special powers through science and discover dozens of motorized LEGO exhibits for the first time in Romania!! This exhibition offers a unique chance to experience the basic principles of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics using LEGO bricks and to test your intelligence and imagination, find the cause and effect, learn something new in our unique experiments. Children and adults alike are welcomed!
- The summer is hot, but theatre shows on the street are certainly a cool idea – the theatre festival “Caragiale’s Bucharest” continues until the 22nd of September. This year brings to Bucharest the fourth edition of the Caragiale festival and takes places in the Old Town, on the very streets that Caragiale must have walked almost a hundred years ago. In its already established tradition, the festival brings together young actors at the beginning of their careers as well as renowned ones, consecrated directors and directors which hope to establish themselves, but above all, brings the people of Bucharest an oasis of culture in the middle of the capital.
- Starting the 5th of May until the 23rd of September Sector 3 Bucharest City Hall brings culture to the street in the middle of the city with Summer Symphonies. Each weekend starting from 19:30 until 21:00 everybody is invited to enjoy symphonic music or band music in Coltea Park. The weekly event is free of charge and aims to bring a bit of culture in an open-air concert.
- The internationally renowned music competition George Enescu opens its 15th edition on the 30th of August and ends on the 20th of September with the competition final galas. More than 230 young artists from 36 countries, considered to be the future great names in classical music worldwide will participate this year in one of the world’s greatest classical music competition. The competitors will participate at more than 40 concerts and extraordinary recitals, leaving for the judges to make a hard decision. The concerts and recitals will take place at the Romanian Athenaeum and the National University of Music in Bucharest.
- When staying in Bucharest do not miss to visit the art galleries in the Old City Center
- Taste and purchase Romanian wine from wineries in Transylvania, Moldavia and the Black Sea coast.
More Useful Links