K+K Hotel Elisabeta in Bucharest
- The 20th edition of BRD Nastase Tiriac Trophy will take place at the BNR Arenas in Bucharest between the 18th and the 26th of April this year. The yearly International tennis trophy gathers big names of the ATP circuit, but also Romanian top players in the most important tennis tournament organized in Romania. The Tennis Village offers an oasis of relaxation in between matches, with entertainment spaces, cafes and snack bars, but also tennis corners, where participants will have a chance to meet the tennis players during sessions of autographs. Entrance is free for the 18th and 19th of April, for the rest of the event tickets can be purchased on the spot or in advance.
- Oregon – a state of jazz! Named after one of the states in the U.S.A., the band Oregon redesigns the map of jazz and has been doing so since the 70’s. Over 30 albums, 4 Grammy nominations and concerts in some of the most famous stages of the world such as Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center or Berlin Philarmonic Hall recommend them as one of the bands that has influenced the history of jazz. Lead by the spirit of improvisation, the American jazz artists let themselves be captured by inspiration and by doing so manage to bring a fresh sound with each concert and with each new album. On the 21st of April you will have a chance to meet them in a performance taking place at the Radio Hall in Bucharest.
- Rommedica, the International trade fair for medical instruments and equipment will take place between 22nd and 25th of April 2015, within Romexpo Exhibition Centre. Rommedica represents an event with tradition in the Romanian medical market and offers the opportunity to promote the latest news in the medicine field, to organize seminars, conferences and round tables, promoting the idea of developing and enhancing the quality of medical system in Romania. The event is a major source of information for all the players in the medical system, both in public and private sectors. The companies that activate in the following fields: software and medical equipment, pharmaceutical, finance for medicine, leasing, medical centers and associations will be present as exhibitors at Rommedica 2015.
- Romexpo welcomes you at the Romanian Traditional Products Fair! During this event, the traditional wooden houses from Romexpo's Main Alley will host exhibitors with Romanian traditional food products, artisans and tradesmen of different handicrafts objects. The visitors are invited to stop for a few moments on the alley, to taste and buy authentic Romanian products from our country regions: Ardeal, Maramures, Bucovina and Muntenia. The products are realized in limited series, after original and traditional recipes. Among the exhibited products, the visitors will find: smoked sausages, pickles made after granny's recipe, roasted chestnuts, organic honey, home-made jams, chocolate and cakes, hazelnut and almond pralines, sugared apples, Topoloveni jam, wine, home-made bread and cheese. The third edition of 2015 of the Romanian Traditional Products Fair will take place between the 22nd and 25th of April 2015.
- ‘Unique’ is a term often used to describe events, but when talking about DreamHack there isn’t any other more appropriate adjective. Whether you’re into cosplay, you wish to participate or watch a 1v1 tournament, or even if you’re interested in gadgets or just want to follow or participate at the eSports tournaments with prizes of tens of thousands of dollars, DreamHack has something to offer for everyone. Because DreamHack means games, high speed Internet, electronic sports, international tournaments, enthusiasm, communication and digital entertainment, all mixed in an annual mesmerizing festival offering visitors and participants a unique experience in the world. Held annually since 2012, DreamHack Bucharest Romania brings the best professional e-players worldwide in online tournaments. Visitors who are not engaged in tournaments will still have the opportunity to participate in contests, prize draws for special gifts from partner sponsors, cosplay shows and fun games. In other words, a unique experience will take place at the Polivalent Hall from the 24th to the 26th of April.
- Untold Festival is the most awaited alternative dance event of the year in Romania. The festival is a unique concept based on traditional Romanian fairy tales, complemented by some of the best artists in the world. Avicii, David Guetta, ANDY C, DJ Snow, Bass Turbat, Marwan Dua, Senior Division and Inflex, along with other 150 artists will take you into another dimension. Four days and over 80 hours of music will transform one of the most dynamic cities in Romania in a magical land. Get ready to taste the Untold Festival experience in Bucharest on the 25th of April, in Club Colectiv.
- For the first time in Romania, a unique band with a unique style – Wovenhand. The Amercian band pulls the strigs of alternative folk and entwines them with a pure and raw American gospel. Mystique and tough, acoustic and profound, this folk does not shed its punk rock influences, mixing ritualistic drums, the baritone voice of David Eugene Edwards, the electrifying stoic lyrics with hypnotic guitar riffs in a unique live experience. On the 26th of April, at the Silver Church, the Romanians will have a chance to meet the band composed of David Eugene Edwards (voice, guitar, banjo), Chuck French (guitar), Neil Keener (bass) and Ordy Garrison (drums).
- The National Dance Company of Ireland returns to Bucharest for an Internationally famous show – ‘Rhythm Of The Dance’. The show will be held at the National Theatre, in the Great Hall, on the 27th of April. Rhythm Of The Dance is an epic poem that describes the journey of the Celts along time. The power of dance and music will carry the audience into a fascinating journey, revealing to them the landscapes and breathtaking views of Ireland. This show proves through the story of the Celts and Druids that people can build their own destiny when they are united and have common goals, all of which are shown and illustrated by a dance show where art, craftsmanship, imagination and talent combine perfectly with the dancers of the art sound and light.
- When staying in Bucharest do not miss to visit the art galleries in the Old City Center
- Taste and purchase Romanian wine from wineries in Transylvania, Moldavia and the Black Sea coast.
More Useful Links