K+K Hotel Elisabeta en Bucarest
- Galas of the Circus - a show under the motto "You vote for the winners!" The competition show Galas Circus – Trilogy reaches this year its thirteenth edition and will take place at the Globus Circus on each weekend between the 24th of January and the 22nd of February. Only the most beautiful numbers acrobatic aerial numbers, tights animals and comic moments. will compete in the competition for the grand prize, as in previous editions. The performances will be gathered under three different shows – Blue Angels, Angels and The White Gala. Audience is invited to watch and vote in the shows "White Angels" and "Blue Angels"; only their enjoyment decides whether the artists deserve an award at Galas Circus.
- Recognized as the pioneers of the new wave of folk-metal, the Swiss band Eluveitie have slowly but steadily taken over their audience since their debut in 2002. Their unique style can be described as a combination of mainly folk and metal, with strong accents of melodeath, Celtic and pagan metal, completed with Gaelic lyrics, making them one the only keepers of this almost extinct language. The 6th album of their career ‘Origins’ is promoted during the international tour with the same name, which will reach Bucharest on the 16th of February, in Colectiv Club.
- Ex lead singer of Dutch band The Gathering, Anneke Van Giersbergen, and the mastermind behind musical project Ayreon, Dutch composer Arjen Lucassen, will join forces for a show like no other! On the 19th of February the two artists will perform on the stage of Hard Rock Cafe in Bucharest, as part of “The Gentle Storm Acoustic” tour, promoting their future album, “The Diary”. Do not miss the opportunity of listening to some of the best opera and soft metal compositions, coming from two dedicated and talented artists.
- Sabotage, the Romanian platform for alternative music, continues the mission began in 2014 with Sabotage Hip Hop Edition, the first confirmed event of this year’s hip-hop agenda, event that will take place at Club Colectiv. The evening of 21st of February will have as major headliners the internationally renowned Expansion Team Soundsystem, meaning DJ Babu and Rakaa Iriscience, both members of the American band Dilated Peoples. The line-up is completed by 3 Romanian names, DJ Dox, Omu Gnom and Sunet Fin, and the entertainment of the audience is ensured!
- Jazz lovers from Romania and not only, be prepared for a surprise of major proportions, coming to you as a show taking place on the 22nd of February at the Radio Hall: none other than Ravi Coltrane will perform! The son of the unmatched John Coltrane inherits his father’s talent and takes the jazz one step further into the future whilst keeping the true sound of this wonderful genre. Saxophone instrumentalist, tenor and soprano saxophone, as well as band chief and composer, Ravi Coltrane is one of the best improvisers on live sessions, best known on American stages.
- 45 years on the Romanian rock music scene, 10 discs, over 3500 concerts in the country and in Europe, numerous TV and radio appearances and a lot memorable songs: this is the Riff band. One of the oldest and most enduring bands on the stage of the Romanian rock music, the band is an exponent of a healthy hard-rock, with Blues influences, one of the bands that have electrified 2 generations of Romanian fans. Come meet them on the 23rd of February, in the show entitled ‘Un joc a fost’ (‘It was a game’), taking place at the Patria Cinema.
- Probably the best loved and appreciated Italian singer and composer, Toto Cutugno comes to Bucharest on the 27th of February, to the delight of his Romanian fans. The event will take place at the Palace Hall and will bring back to life some of the artist’s greatest hits, such as „L’Italiano“, „Serenata“, „Insieme: 1992”, „Figli” and many more. The singer and writer is the only Italian to have won the grand prize of the Sanremo Festival, as well as the only Italian to have won the Eurovision, in 1990. Romania holds a special significance for the artist, who participated in 1993 at the International Festival ‘Cerbul de Aur’ (The Golden Stag) organized yearly in the city of Brasov and has ever since become very fond of the Romanian people.
- The first edition of Bucharest Pet Exhibition will take place between the 27th of February and the 1st of March at Romexpo Exhibition Centre in Bucharest. The exhibition aims to be both an exhibiting platform and a selling place, offering to visitors the opportunity to see various pets, popular breeds and also rare species with the possibility to be guided by professionals in taking the buying decision. The list of exhibitors will also include producers and distributors of pet food and accessories, veterinary clinics, publishing houses, associations in the field and NGOs working in animal welfare. Bucharest Pet Exhibition promises 3 days of show, full of interactive events, where the stars will be not only the pets, but also the visitors who are invited to participate in all the activities organized during the trade fair. The contests, the dog training demonstrations, the agility and dancing competitions for the pedigree dogs, together with the workshops debating on pets will be the attractions of the exhibition. The events is addressed not only to professionals, owners of veterinary cabinets and pet shops, members in NGOs for animal welfare or veterinary surgeons, but also to the entire family, to all those who own a pet and also to those looking for their new pet friend.
- A fresh start in a fresh year for the first edition of Spring at Romexpo, a fair of consumer goods taking place at Romexpo Exhibition Centre in Bucharest between the 27th of February and the 1st of March. Participants are expected to shop and to have fun in a place of diversity, where all tastes are satisfied. Manufacturers, importers and distributors of clothing, shoes, home and garden products, cosmetics, traditional as well as many more will participate in what promises to be one of the major fairs taking place in Bucharest this year.
- When staying in Bucharest do not miss to visit the art galleries in the Old City Center
- Taste and purchase Romanian wine from wineries in Transylvania, Moldavia and the Black Sea coast.
More Useful Links