WINTER AT THE MUSEUMS QUARTER - Once again from beginning of November onwards the “Winter im MQ” will be taking place at the “MuseumsQuartier”. Until end of December an exciting program of culture, leisure and gastronomic experience with many new highlights like literature readings, an ice-skating court or an ice climbing-wall are provided there. This event “Winter im MQ” is considered an alternative to the traditional Christmas Markets in the city.
CHRISTMAS MARKETS - The Christmas Markets enjoy a long tradition in Austria dating back to the Middle Ages. The markets are mostly located in larger squares and pedestrian zones in Vienna and sell traditional food like gingerbread, sweet chestnuts, drinks, honey, sweets and other delicacies, art and crafts, handmade toys, jewelry in open air stalls.
NEW YEARS PATH - At the turn of year the old city centre transforms into a giant party zone. The New Year´s Path is the highlight.
THE NEW YEAR´S CONCERT - It has long been a Philharmonic tradition at the New Year to present a programme consisting of the lively and at the same time nostalgic music from the vast repertoire of the Johann Strauss family and its contemporaries. This concert not only delights the audience in the Musikverein in Vienna, but also enjoys great international popularity through the worldwide television broadcast, which now reaches over 70 countries.
HOLIDAY ON ICE - A must see in Vienna: The International Holiday on Ice Show. The new programme presents excellent ice skaters with a unique and colourful show.
WELCOME TO THE BALL SEASON - Each year more than 450 balls take place in Vienna. The city of waltzes exuberantly celebrates carnival from November until early March. The three-quarter rhythm is supplemented by more contemporary sounds, offering enjoyable dancing for every taste.
ICE SKATING ON THE RATHAUSPLATZ - In January the square in front of the Vienna City Council Hall will be transformed into an icy haven for all skating enthusiasts.
Troverete informazioni sugli eventi in corso sulla nostra pagina Facebook.
- Take the Vienna Ring tram along the city’s most splendid boulevard! It’s good fun and connects all the major sites. Just what you need to get a quick overview of the city! It also offers a multimedia system providing useful and interesting information about Vienna.
- A basic glossary for all friends about Viennese coffee:
- Brauner: black coffee served with a small jug of coffee-flavoured cream. Can be large (Großer Brauner) or small (Kleiner Brauner).
- Einspänner: Mokka served in a glass instead of a cup, with a crown of whipped cream on top.
- Doppelter: double espresso.
- Wiener Melange: half coffee and half hot milk, topped with milk foam or whipped cream. Can be sweetened with sugar.
- Schwarzer: plain strong black coffee. Can be large (Großer Schwarzer) or small (Kleiner Schwarzer).
- Verlängerter: a Brauner, weakened with a little hot water and served with milk instead of cream.