K+K ホテル エリザベータ、ブカレスト
- The newest show put up by Bordello promises to be the hottest cabaret burlesque show in town – Caburlesque! Each Friday night between the 8th and 29th of May, a talented team of artist together with a dedicated kitchen staff will offer participants a wonderful evening of dinner and show. The performance is an original mix of music, dance, mistery and magic, all complimented by fine dining provided by chef Andrei Nicolae.
- The fourteenth edition of the JTI Meetings will bring Akram Khan Company on the stage of the Great Hall of the National Theatre Bucharest in two identical performances, on the 8th and 9th May. The Kaash show presented this year is a remake of the same which debuted last year, this time with a new band of performers, who will shed new light and energy over the highly-appreciated performance. Since it was originally released in 2002, Kaash (Hindu word for "if") has fascinated audiences and critics alike. A show which "shook the world", headlined The Daily Star, while the Times of London highlighted the "synchronized superb expressiveness", while the Daily Telegraph noted: "Kaash makes you shiver with excitement"; "The Guardian saw Kaash as “an exploration of the Universe in 55 minutes” and characterized Akram Khan as a "dark star of dance ".
- T-Festival is the largest festival in Southeast Europe dedicated to trucks, motorcycles and rock and is organized by the National Union of Road Transporters from Romania in partnership with the International Road Transport Union. In 2015, the largest manufacturers of trucks, trailers, commercial vehicles and motorcycles, equipment dealers, but also enthusiasts in these fields will gather between May 8th and 10th in Bucharest at Romexpo exhibition center. To the delight of participants and audience alike, the festival will host 3 competitions, "The most beautiful truck", "The most beautiful motorcycle" and "Most popular rock band", among other entertaining events.
- The fourth concert in the series of Royal Sessions will take place under the high patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Radu of Romania and will be dedicated to Royalty Day. The performance will take place on the 9th of May and will include a special program composed of works by the composer Ludwig van Beethoven. Conductor and pianist Andrei Licaret Mandeal will be the leading names on the stage of the Romanian Athenaeum, which will host the event.
- To the delight of the fans of the genre, Bucharest hosts the Otaku Festival once more at the Romanian-American University. The 2015 edition has the theme “Old vs. New” and gives an oldies twist to the up-to-the-minute trends in the beautiful Otaku subculture. On May 9th and 10th, wonderful artists dedicated to cosplay, manga, illustration, music, photography, games, fashion will take part the biggest Otaku subculture & co-creative HUBS in the world.
- Ane Brun brings the sound of the aurora from the frozen land of Norway to the capital of Romania, at the Radio Hall. Her first concert in Bucharest will take place on the 10th of May and has been long awaited by her fans. The minimalistic sound of guitar and the acoustic performance that characterizes Ane Brun catch the audience in a sensitive, yet simple performance. The 10-years career of the composer and singer, as well as the 3 Spellemannprisen (the Nordic equivalent of Grammy) awards she has won recommends her as a talented performer, whose show must not be missed.